I survived the half marathon! Thanks for all the well wishes along the way! I had such a great run! I had a vague goal of beating 2:10 because I wanted to try to break a 10 min average mile. But I had a really good race, and I felt like running fast so I ended up at 2:04 which put me at an average of a 9:26 mile. I’m feeling pretty good about it. It was a perfect day for racing: warm enough to be comfortable but cool enough to keep you from sweating like crazy. All in all it was a great experience! Congrats to all my fellow runners!
Here are some of the songs on my shuffle that got me through the race:
- Va Va Voom by Nicki Minaj
- I Cry by Flo Rida
- 2 Reasons by Trey Songz feat. TI
- Hummingbird Heartbeat by Katy Perry
- This Head I Hold by Electric Guest (random but awesome)
- Girl on Fire by Alicia Keys feat. Nicki Minaj
- I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift
- Your Body by Christina Aguilera
- We Run the Night by Havana Brown feat. Pitbull
- Katy Perry Mega Mix by Katy Perry and Tommy Sunshine
After the race I hung out with my parents who came to Richmond to cheer me on. My mom is a big fan of the VMFA (Virginia Museum of Fine Arts), so we spent the afternoon there checking out their Chihuly exhibit. It was mainly all kinds of crazy blown glass. Here’s just a sample of the stuff we saw:
What’s on your workout mix these days?
3 thoughts on “Success!”
I like the blues!
[…] you might remember I’ve run a couple half marathons in the last six months, but I haven’t done a 10K in a couple years. I was worried […]