Songs I’ve downloaded from iTunes. This is, “I need some new stuff for my workout mix” edition.
1. Sorry by Justin Bieber. I’m really liking the new Biebs vibe.
2. Booty by Jennifer Lopez, feat. Pitbull. This song comes in two versions with different rappers: Iggy Azalea, or Pitbull. I chose Pitbull. I think it was the right decision. It’s a funny addition to the mix.
3. Something in the Way You Move by Ellie Goulding. Even though her style has kind of a mellow vibe, I think they make great workout songs. If you don’t get it, turn the volume up.
4. Roses by The Chainsmokers feat. ROZES. This completes my trio of choices that border on EDM. Again, sort of mellow, but it’s a great running song if you need to zone out.
5. Ayo by Chris Brown feat. Tyga. This is a summer jam that I heard at the gym a lot this past summer. I just kept forgetting to download it. So I finally did, and I’m happy about it. Chris Brown has gone through some phases over the years, but I definitely like his music more often than not.
Songs I downloaded on iTunes.
1. Outside by Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding. This is very reminiscent of their previous collaboration: I Need Your Love. I think Harris and Goulding have a good thing going though. It’s definitely on my workout mix!
2. Steal My Girl by One Direction. Because it’s One Direction. Duh. And by the way, click that link and watch the video.
3. If I Could Change Your Mind by HAIM. I came across this randomly and decided I needed it. HAIM has a very distinct and consistent style and I’m definitely on board.
4. Blank Space by Taylor Swift (I couldn’t find it on YouTube). I have kind of a love/ hate relationship with Taylor Swift songs. I either love them or I hate them. This one falls in the former category. It’s clear she’s moving in a new direction these days, and as long as she comes up with songs like this one and Shake it Off, I’m on board.
5. Lips are Movin by Meghan Trainor. I have listened to this song approximately 1. 4 million times in the past week. I like it a lot more than “All About the Bass.” It’s catchy and funny, and I can’t. stop. playing. it.
Songs I downloaded on iTunes:
1. Do What You Want by Lady Gaga feat. R. Kelly. I went for a run the right after I downloaded it and I listened to this song on repeat for about 3 out of the 8 miles. It took a couple plays to warm up to it, but now I’m completely obsessed.
2. Burn by Ellie Goulding. Ellie gets me every time. I always think her aesthetic is a little to etherial for me, and yet, I like pretty much all of her singles. Go figure…
3. Turn Me On by Kevin Lyttle. This is a throw back. I woke up to my radio playing this song the other day, and I thought to myself: “I need that song on my iPod asap!” No regrets!
4. The Phoenix by Fall Out Boy. The combination of a rock vibe with pop melodies do it for me. Fall Out Boy always hits the nail on the head, it’s such a great work out song!
5. Alone Together (remix) by Krewella/Fall Out Boy. I heard this remix in spin class and became obsessed. After hearing it a few weeks in a row, our teacher finally told us who did it. It’s an awesome sprint track!