Songs I downloaded from iTunes.
- Side to Side by Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj. This is a fun song for the workout mix. Ariana Grande lyrics continue to baffle me. She loves to play an innocent, giggly girl in the media, and her songs are 100% about sex. It’s weird.
- Perfect Illusion by Lady Gaga. I was really skeptical about this song because Lady Gaga’s style has changed a lot in the last couple years. It took a couple listens, but I really like this one. It just blows my mind that she went from super avant guard fashion to tee shirts and cut-off jean shorts.
- Starving by Hailee Steinfeld & Grey feat. Zedd. I’m on the fence about Hailee Steinfeld. I like some of her songs, but not all of them, and I found her character in Pitch Perfect 2 really annoying. So I’m taking her on a song by song basis. This one is a winner in my book, but at the same time it’s not fast enough for the gym but not a slow song either. Probably best for car rides.
- Starboy by The Weeknd feat. Daft Punk. I really like The Weeknd, and if you saw him on SNL you’ll notice that he ditched the cartoony hair style. He looks like a normal civilian now! This song is a perfect mix of Daft Punk and The Weeknd’s styles.
- Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin. I had a serious need for Bobby Darin the other day. Is that normal? I might have downloaded a couple of his other songs as well. He just makes me so happy, I can’t explain it.
Songs I downloaded from iTunes.
- Superlove by Tinashe. I. am. obsessed. This song is the best combination of catchy, fun, and upbeat. It’s perfect for my workout playlist! And the hair-ography in this dance video of it is unbelievable.
- Can’t Stop the Feeling by Justin Timberlake. I gave in.
- Girls Like by Tinie Tempah feat. Zara Larsson. This is a fun song to add to the workout playlist. It’s got a cool beat that makes for a fun dance video.
- No Limit by Usher feat. Young Thug. I posted previously about this video because I love it. I’ve hit a point where I’m just Usher 4 lyfe. If he puts out a new song, I like it, end of story.
- Closer by The Chainsmokers feat. Halsey. I heard this song the old fashioned way on the radio, and I think The Chainsmokers are just killing it right now.
Songs I’ve downloaded from iTunes. (It’s been a while…)
- Gold by Kiiara. This is a really unique and cool song. It’s definitely not your average top 40. A little like Selena Gomez, but way cooler.
- Into You by Ariana Grande. It’s hard for me to say no to an Ariana Grande song. She’s got a Britney narrative with a Mariah voice. It’s a killer combination.
- Make Me by Britney Spears feat. G-Eazy. Brit Brit is definitely following the Bieber lead and getting more EDM by the minute. I don’t hate it.
- For Free by DJ Khaled feat. Drake. This song is a little blah, but it’s also pretty funny.
- Ruin by Shawn Mendes. Shawn is really finding his niche with his acoustic singer songwriter vibe.
- Sit Still, Look Pretty by Daya. This song is 100% girl power which is why I love it. It’s a little blatant but just awesome at the same time. It’s a great motivational song on the morning commute.
- Think of You by Chris Young feat. Cassadee Pope. I have to mix in a country song here and there. I like the story in the song, and it’s just plain catchy.
- Easy Love by Sigala. This is a great workout song. It’s basically an EDM remix of ABC by the Jackson 5. My spin class teacher uses it almost every week and I needed it in my rotation.
- We Don’t Talk Anymore by Charlie Puth feat. Selena Gomez. This has a pretty chill vibe but it’s somehow catchy at the same time. I think Charlie Puth is establishing a pretty good career with all of his high profile collaborations.
- Cheap Thrills by Sia feat. Sean Paul. I’m a sucker for Sean Paul. Sia, I get take or leave, but I needed something upbeat to add to the workout mix and this fit the bill.