Another holiday, another weekend of sales. Since most of the stores are closed today, here are the online sales that you should check out:
Songs I downloaded from iTunes.
- We Found Love by Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris. Oldie but a goodie. This comes on in my spin class and I always think- why do I not have this song? This issue has been resolved.
- Hotline Bling (cover) by Ceresia. I actually have multiple Hotline Bling covers. It’s really interesting to hear the different interpretations and it’s particularly interesting to hear a woman sing it.
- Work From Home by Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign. This song is quite cheesy, but so catchy. Fifth Harmony seems to have a work related songs and music videos. I wonder if this is phase, or if they found success with one and kept going. I’ve listened to this song 96 times this week according to my iTunes.
- I Took a Pill in Ibiza (Seeb Remix) by Mike Posner. I’m not a bonafide Mike Posner fan, but I think I have at least five of his songs in my library which is a lot for kind of a one hit wonder. He keeps plugging along, and I happy he does because I really love this song. Kind of obsessed.
- Don’t Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers feat. Daya. Once I downloaded the Mike Posner song I was in a chill EDM mood and this was the next logical step. I only have a couple songs from The Chainsmokers but I think they’re really great for long drives or commuting music.
What are you listening to lately?
If you know me, you know that I’m a fan of a good workout. I’m sure some people think I’m crazy, but I’ve found that if I make it part of my routine and prioritize my gym sessions when I’m having a busy week, I’m a happier person. While I realize “abs are made in the kitchen” and I’m trying to work on that too, I thought I would share my weekly workout routine in case you’re curious. For some people working out is a chore, but for me I think it’s more of a hobby and major de-stresser that I look forward to.
First, a disclaimer. This is just an example. I almost always have at least one rest day a week depending on what work or social events I have each week. And I also have days when I go to the gym with grand plans, and it’s all I can do to get on the elliptical for 45 minutes. Or I don’t have the patience to do a whole class so I’ll do a short weight routine instead. I do try to push through sometimes, but if my body really isn’t having it, I will cut things short.
- 45-60 minutes elliptical
- 30 minutes lower body toning class (lots of squats and lunges with hand weights)
- 30 minutes ab lab class (all the crunches)
- 60 minutes total of stair mill and elliptical (depending on my stamina on the stair mill)
- 60 minute mat Pilates class or a quick arm routine with the pully circuit weight machine if I’m not feeling Pilates
- 60 minute spin class
- Leg Day (squat rack squats and dead lifts, or 60 or 70lb barbell routine if the squat racks are taken)
- 30-40 minutes running on the treadmill, and 20-30 minutes on the elliptical
- quick weight circuit
- 60 minute swim set at the local high school pool (getting back at it!)
- 60 minute Body Pump class (since it’s Friday this is probably my most skipped)
- 45 minutes on cardio machines
- Long run always outside- 7-10 miles on the Custis Trail
- Leg day at the squat rack
- 60 minute spin class
I belong to a Gold’s Gym a couple blocks from my apartment, and all the classes that I take are included in the membership which is super convenient and cost effective.
Get after it!