Songs I downloaded from iTunes.
- Superlove by Tinashe. I. am. obsessed. This song is the best combination of catchy, fun, and upbeat. It’s perfect for my workout playlist! And the hair-ography in this dance video of it is unbelievable.
- Can’t Stop the Feeling by Justin Timberlake. I gave in.
- Girls Like by Tinie Tempah feat. Zara Larsson. This is a fun song to add to the workout playlist. It’s got a cool beat that makes for a fun dance video.
- No Limit by Usher feat. Young Thug. I posted previously about this video because I love it. I’ve hit a point where I’m just Usher 4 lyfe. If he puts out a new song, I like it, end of story.
- Closer by The Chainsmokers feat. Halsey. I heard this song the old fashioned way on the radio, and I think The Chainsmokers are just killing it right now.
I can waste some serious time watching music videos on YouTube, and while there’s a lot of artsy stuff going on out there, I think we can all recognize that the best videos are from the veterans. I would argue that the music video hay day was in the late 90’s, early 2000’s when TRL on MTV was a way of life. Below are three of my faves from the early 2000’s who are still killing it today. I can’t get enough.
Classic Britney with “Make Me.” I love having the scandalous story line, the same outfits that she’s been wearing for 20 years, and the dancing that is basically a series of stripper poses.
Loving J-Lo in this “Back It Up” video that’s a few months old now. Even though Prince Royce is the headliner, I think J-Lo is really in her element. I want her white dress from the video.
This new “No Limit” video from Usher is my favorite music video going right now. I love everything about it- the song, the dancing, the swagger- he’s still got it!
What are you watching?