Aside from the Old School and Top 40 tracks, one key part of my workout music repertoire is the girl power genre. Some days that’s exactly what I need to get motivated and keep me focused during my workout. Some of my favorite artists are perennial members of this genre, and I pretty much celebrate their whole catalogue. Regardless of the specific song lyrics I will usually find motivation in songs by Beyonce, Kelly Clarkson, Ciara, Rihanna, The Pussycat Dolls, and several others. There are a lot of good choices in this area of music, here are some of my favorites.
Girl Power Songs
- Raining Men by Rihanna feat Nikki Minaj
- Stronger by Kelly Clarkson
- Here I Come by Fergie
- Pretty Girl Rock by Keri Hilson
- Born This Way by Lady Gaga
- Hit Me With Your Best Shot by Pat Benetar
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson
- Get Me Bodied by Beyonce
- Trouble by Pink
- Fly by Nicki Minaj
- We Run This by Missy Elliot
- Rumor Has It by Adele
- Fergalicious by Fergie
- Diva by Beyonce
- I Don’t Need a Man by The Pussycat Dolls
- So What by Pink
- That’s Right by Ciara
- It’s Not Right, But It’s Okay (dance mix) by Whitney Houston (or Glee version even though boys sing it)
- Million Dollar Girl by Trina and Keri Hilson
- Check On It by Beyonce
Stay tuned for Hardcore/Motivational songs, and Cool Down music.
What songs did I miss?