So far we’ve covered three workout song genres: Old School, Top 40, and Girl Power. This time we’re at the meat of the workout when you need all the motivation you can get to push through and get to the cool down. That requires music that is a little more serious than the previous categories. I need some hardcore/motivational music that can come from a few different genres. I tend to pull from some heavier rap songs, punk rock, and some girl power music that is extra intense. Here are some songs that have gotten me to the top of the mountain (or stair climber…)
- Lose Yourself by Eminem
- Not Listening by Papa Roach
- Stronger by Kanye West
- I’m Talkin to You by T.I.
- Last Resort by Papa Roach
- Dangerous by Akon
- All I Do is Win by DJ Khaled
- Scream by Usher
- I’m Not Okay by My Chemical Romance
- Hard by Rihanna feat. Jeezy
- Titanium by David Guetta feat. Sia
- Ring the Alarm by Beyonce
- Bring Me To Life by Evanescence
- Hey Batter Batter by Trent Tomlinson
- I Need a Doctor by Dr. Dre feat. Eminem
- Through the Wire by Kanye West
- Numb/Encore by Linkin Park and Jay Z
- More by Usher
- Misery Business by Paramore
- Take it Away by The Used
I realize that not all of these are seriously hardcore, but they seem to have the right words to get me through the hard part of the workout.
What did I miss?