Happy New Year! So I know it’s completely cliche to do the whole New Year’s resolution thing, but who cares, I’m going to anyway! I realize that it’s hard to stick to resolutions, but I do think it’s important to take a few minutes every now and then to define your personal goals. I find defining goals makes it easier for me to focus and make tangible progress.
2013 is a little scary for me because I’m poised to graduate business school with my MBA in May (fingers crossed, because it’s not over yet!). So I’m not sure where I will end up after graduation(this is my theme song and favorite song right now). It makes it hard to make specific goals because I actually don’t know where I will be living or what I will be doing after I graduate. That being said, here are some of my goals for this year:
- Graduate with my MBA
- Find a great full-time job
- Make at least one international trip
- Read more books (like maybe 10 for the year)
- Run another half marathon
- Push myself to run faster
- Lead a successful Yorktown Victory Run (I’m the race director)
- Learn the Pilates Reformer (I already love Mat Pilates so I want to take the next step)
- Add more variety to my fitness routine (try CrossFit? Yoga?)
- Continue to make weight loss progress, and continue to stabalize my nutrional routine
- Make a successful challah bread
- Broaden my savory dish repitoire
- Try at least 3 new techniques like making marshmallows or risotto, or cooking with a new ingredient like tofu
- Cook more dinners at home rather than using places like Panera as my dinner option too often
Carrie and I are both Virgos, so I thought I would include part of our 2013 horoscope outlook, courtesy of Yahoo Horoscopes. I have always been amazed by how accurate my horoscope is, and I hope this year is no different:
2013 brings you sweeping change and intensity, Virgo. The biggest transformation takes place in the realm of the mind. Communication, correspondence and courses of new study carry great importance. Saturn, the cosmic taskmaster, is spending a good chunk of time in the sector of your chart ruling the mental realms and communication. If you’re not already a powerful public speaker, teacher or writer, get ready to discover your latent potential to sway the masses with your power of speech! You’re also hungry for knowledge in 2013, and will want to strengthen your skill set and beef up your resume with even more knowledge than you possess naturally.
What are your goals for 2013? Anything else you think I should add?