songs I downloaded on iTunes (because it’s been too long for just five).
1. Problem by Ariana Grande (feat. Iggy Azalea). I saw Jimmy Fallon lip sync Iggy Azalea’s Fancy, last week when he was battling with Emma Stone (he said she was the best lip syncher ever, but I thought Joseph Gordon Levitt was better). Anywho, when I looked up Iggy on iTunes, I came across this gem, and I was glad I did.
2. Downtown Girl by Hot Chelle Rae. This was a Pandora discovery for me. Just a fun, boy band-y song. Hot Chelle Ray reminds me of Cobra Starship.
3. Grow Up by Cher Lloyd (feat. Busta Rhymes). Another Pandora discovery for me. I think this comes on my One Direction Pandora station. I love Cher Lloyd and her punky style.
4. Ladie’s Choice by Zac Efron (from Hairspray the movie). This is another Pandora find. I love Hairspray but this wasn’t in the Broadway soundtrack that I’m used to. That being said, I love anything Zac Efron, so count me in!
5. I Wish by Cher Lloyd (feat. T.I.). Cher Lloyd plus T.I. equals awesome.
6. Mmm Yeah by Austin Mahone (feat. Pitbull). So now both Austin Mahone songs that I’ve downloaded are entirely about Austin scoping girls who walk by. Meanwhile, the video is such a late 90’s throwback. Mmm hmm, yeah, yeah.
7. Popular Song by MIKA (feat. Ariana Grande). There was a lag on this song. I was obsessed with it a few months ago, but I didn’t actually download it until a couple weeks ago. It samples “Popular” from the Wicked Broadway soundtrack, plus has two of my favorite singers. How could it be bad?
8. Birthday by Katy Perry. This song is super fun! It’s a little weird that it’s kind of birthday specific. It feels almost like I’m listening to a Christmas song out of season. But, Katy Perry just keeps the hits coming!
9. Am I Wrong by Nico & Vinz. It took me about ten listens of this song to actually listen to the lyrics. I liked it originally for the different sound/beat, but it’s actually pretty thoughtful.
10. Little Willy by Sweet. This is the throwback of the group. Classic rock has never really been my genre, but every once in a while, a song like this sneaks into my repertoire.
PS-I must confess, I’ve had my eye/ear on “She Looks So Perfect” by 5 Seconds of Summer. I guess I’m just boy bands for life! This song might be next on my playlist…