Songs I downloaded on iTunes. It’s straight Top 40 girl power this time.
1. Bang Bang by Jessie J., Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj. Ariana Grande seems to be on a roll right now. The radio was definitely overdue for a girl power collaboration. It’s very reminiscent of the 2009 version of Lady Marmalade. It’s a perfect song for the gym.
2. I Will Never Let You Down by Rita Ora. After seeing Rita Ora on a million red carpets, and not knowing what she does, I finally put 2 and 2 together with this song. The sound of this doesn’t really line up with her fashion forward persona, but I like it.
3. Shake It Off by Taylor Swift. This song seems to be a bit polarizing. I’ve seen several negative articles about the song and video, but I like it. I also don’t like using a singer’s personal reputation to form opinions about their music. It’s light, catchy, and a good workout song. I’m sold. You also need to see the video.
4. Black Widow by Iggy Azalea feat. Rita Ora. I love it. The video is actually not my favorite. It’s kind of an awesome idea to liken yourself to a black widow spider in a relationship. Pretty bad ass.
5. Hideaway by Kiesza. I have no idea who this girl is, but the song reminds me a little bit of something Tiffany would do back in the day. The music video is worth a watch as well. It is definitely going on my workout mix.
PS- I’m contemplating “Don’t Tell ‘Em” by Jeremih. I haven’t decided if I want to make the commitment yet, but I’m kind of obsessed.