Happy New Year!!
Call me corny, but I think the New Year is as good a time as any to set some new goals. Here goes:
- I’m always always trying to be a little more financially savvy. In 2015 I made some strides with organizing my bank accounts and credit cards to be more centralized and use deals like “cash back” and points to my advantage. In 2016 I’m planning to get more savvy about my retirement and investment situation so I know I’m making the most of it.
- Tying into the financial goals, I want to up my travel game in 2016. I took the standard trips in 2015 plus a couple fun long weekends in new places. I have a couple trips in the planning phase right now, and I’m hoping for some more opportunities to pop up this year. I know I’m going to have to be savvy with my budget and vacation days and I won’t be able to make every trip or destination wedding work, but I guess that’s just being an adult.
- Speaking of weddings, my best friend is getting married this year! I want to be the best Maid of Honor I can be. As we all know, wedding planning can be complicated and I’m going to do my best to be helpful and honest, but above all- supportive. I will not contribute to drama. I repeat. I will not contribute to drama.
- I have a bad habit of declining social invitations and skipping work related happy hours. To my credit, however, I did start attending more happy hours in the second half of 2015. My two general issues are: 1. I’m an introvert and socializing in certain settings can be very draining or stressful, and 2. I don’t like to drink very frequently (maybe five times a year total) which happens to be the opposite of DC culture in general. I would like to try to say yes to more invitations in 2016. No promises because this is one of the scarier ones for me, but I will try.
- Lastly, as usual, I want to do my best to be healthy. I’ve had some recent challenges that I’m anxious to resolve. Nothing serious, just some kinks that I have to work out with my doctor. So I need to keep communicating with my doctors, and do my best to hold up my end of the bargain with my own choices.
What are your goals this year?