This weekend I am throwing a Jamberry party. Some of you who are like me and aren’t always up on the latest at-home party services might not be sure what that might entail. Well it’s an experience you won’t forget. I attended my first Jamberry party a few weeks ago when I was asked by my friend Allison to attend her launch party. This means that she was having a party to announce her new endeavor as a Jamberry sales rep. I fell in love with the product as much as she did (though I won’t become a sales rep anytime soon…I have enough hobbies already). Let me get right down to it!
As you can see in the manicure I did yesterday, the index finger and the fourth finger have the Jamberry product. The Jamberry is a nail applique that lasts about two weeks when applied correctly. It’s basically a long-lasting nail sticker. They come in sheets for $15.50 and you can get a whole lot of bang for your buck out of them. It’s way cheaper than going to the salon. The application process involves the use of your hair dryer (for heating up the Jamberry in order to form it to your finger) and your basic manicure set. I like to use the Jamberries as accents but you are welcome to do all your nails at once. I prefer to mix it up with my own collection of polishes to give it a more eclectic look. Plus you can get more manicures out of your Jamberry sheet. Just call me Bargain Betty. You can check them out and place your order here. The deadline is Friday at midnight! Get your Jamberry on!
I have two weddings coming up in the next three months. Due to my fair skin type, I am unable to tan by sitting underneath the sun’s bright rays. It’s actually a blessing in disguise since skin cancer runs in my family to begin with. Due to the fact that my sunburn will never turn into a tan, I have to resort to other means of tanning.
The Tan Spray Stall – In preparation for a wedding in the past, I went to a tanning salon with a friend. Talk about comical. The spray tan booth is simply intimidating. I entered the booth completely naked which is always an uncomfortable situation for me even if there isn’t really anyone watching (although I always find myself seeking out the exact location of the hidden camera…I have yet to find one but I know it is somewhere!). Then a little voice comes out of a speaker telling me which way to face and how to put your arms. The 16 year old working there who tells me the positions before I go into the room is a pro so she glides right through it and I’m thinking “Where do I put my hands? Which way do I turn my body?”. I basically know I’m screwed from the start. The spray session takes about 8 minutes, which included the application of the bronzer. There was so much liquid covering my body that I had to take paper towels and even the application out. When I emerged from the room, my friend was laughing. I looked like a raccoon in the dark. The whites of my eyes were glowing. They said not to take a shower until the next morning but I decided to nix that and I took my shower about 4 hours later. I managed to get a pretty good tan without look too unnatural but I must say I was freaking out the whole time. I thought I was going to have to scrub myself with a Brillo pad to remove an orange streaky tan. Luckily, I was able to pull it off but I never want to experience that again. You can tell I have a nice healthy glow in the pic below.
St. Tropez Self-Tanner – My love of QVC comes in handy again. Since I vowed never to go back to the spray tan booth, I decided I would have another go at the self-tanner. I have tried Tarte’s version before but I don’t think it achieved the tan I was hoping for. It just so happened that last week, one of the Today’s Special Values was St. Tropez Deluxe Self-Tanning Mousse. I watched the presentation and saw instant results. Needless to say it came yesterday and I made my first application this morning. I made sure to exfoliate in the shower and then apply lotion to the areas I planned on applying the mousse. I then applied the mousse evenly in a circular motion and saw instant results. I am going to let it set for at least 8 hours before I take my next shower. The results are amazing and I can’t wait to apply another round tomorrow to achieve an even darker richer color. I don’t have any pics now, but I’ll be sure to post the wedding pics as soon as possible. I can’t wait to go to this wedding in San Antonio with my beau (that’s for you, Karla). Texas, here I come!
I like to save money when I can and one way I do that is by giving myself manicures. You certainly don’t need to pay for your nails to look good. You can easily do them yourself with the right tools. Go to a beauty supply store or Amazon if you don’t already have a nail file, buffer, clipper, and cuticle trimmer. These are the only tools I need to give myself a top notch manicure. Here are my favorite nail polishes that are essential for your collection.
1. You need a great base coat to keep your nails healthy and protect your nails. Essie makes an assortment of base coats depending on your needs.
2. You need a few colors that are your go-to colors. You might not have the same go-to colors as me because nail polish is a great way to express yourself. The hunt is on for your go-to colors. This color is my go-to for the Holiday season and for Valentine’s Day. It’s from Mariah Carey’s holiday line…OPI In My Santa Suit.
3. This is my fall go-to nail polish..OPI Romeo and Juliet. I don’t wear nail polish in spring and summer due to my rigorous work schedule and hand-washing/scrubbing of sheet pans. Hopefully one day, I’ll be able to wear spring and summer colors.
4. To make my manicure a little bit special, I like to put Essie Luxe Effects over the layer of color on my ring fingernail. It just gives it a little bit of glam. It comes in a lot of different colors. You can also go full-on glam and do it to all your nails.
5. Make sure to finish off your manicure with a great top coat. I have found this one to be the ultimate top coat. I won’t ever try another one because it is simply the best. It’s called Out the Door because it speeds up the drying process. It also puts a glossy finish on your nails and protects them from chipping. What are some of your favorite nail colors? It’s always nice to have a few more colors to add to my arsenal.