I like to save money when I can and one way I do that is by giving myself manicures. You certainly don’t need to pay for your nails to look good. You can easily do them yourself with the right tools. Go to a beauty supply store or Amazon if you don’t already have a nail file, buffer, clipper, and cuticle trimmer. These are the only tools I need to give myself a top notch manicure. Here are my favorite nail polishes that are essential for your collection.
1. You need a great base coat to keep your nails healthy and protect your nails. Essie makes an assortment of base coats depending on your needs.
2. You need a few colors that are your go-to colors. You might not have the same go-to colors as me because nail polish is a great way to express yourself. The hunt is on for your go-to colors. This color is my go-to for the Holiday season and for Valentine’s Day. It’s from Mariah Carey’s holiday line…OPI In My Santa Suit.
3. This is my fall go-to nail polish..OPI Romeo and Juliet. I don’t wear nail polish in spring and summer due to my rigorous work schedule and hand-washing/scrubbing of sheet pans. Hopefully one day, I’ll be able to wear spring and summer colors.
4. To make my manicure a little bit special, I like to put Essie Luxe Effects over the layer of color on my ring fingernail. It just gives it a little bit of glam. It comes in a lot of different colors. You can also go full-on glam and do it to all your nails.
5. Make sure to finish off your manicure with a great top coat. I have found this one to be the ultimate top coat. I won’t ever try another one because it is simply the best. It’s called Out the Door because it speeds up the drying process. It also puts a glossy finish on your nails and protects them from chipping. What are some of your favorite nail colors? It’s always nice to have a few more colors to add to my arsenal.