Songs I downloaded on iTunes.
- You Don’t Own Me by Grace feat. G- Eazy. This is a fantastic cover of the classic Leslie Gore tune. I actually know this best from the infamous trio of Bette Midler, Diane Keaton, and Goldie Hawn in First Wives Club. I can just picture this being performed at the Grammy’s next year with some really glowy lighting. It’s perfect. Get it, now!
- Formation by Beyonce. Duh.
- This is What You Came For by Calvin Harris feat. Rihanna. I thought this was a no brainer because of the people. After listening to it about fifty times, I don’t think it’s my all time favorite, but it’s a good addition to the workout playlist.
- Messin’ Around by Pitbull feat. Enrique Iglesias. This song samples Take it on the Run by REO Speedwagon, you’ll recognize it right away. Frankly Pitbull + Enrique = money in the bank.
- Bad Romance by Lady Gaga. I realized I didn’t have it, and I needed it ASAP.
Songs I downloaded from iTunes.
- We Found Love by Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris. Oldie but a goodie. This comes on in my spin class and I always think- why do I not have this song? This issue has been resolved.
- Hotline Bling (cover) by Ceresia. I actually have multiple Hotline Bling covers. It’s really interesting to hear the different interpretations and it’s particularly interesting to hear a woman sing it.
- Work From Home by Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign. This song is quite cheesy, but so catchy. Fifth Harmony seems to have a work related songs and music videos. I wonder if this is phase, or if they found success with one and kept going. I’ve listened to this song 96 times this week according to my iTunes.
- I Took a Pill in Ibiza (Seeb Remix) by Mike Posner. I’m not a bonafide Mike Posner fan, but I think I have at least five of his songs in my library which is a lot for kind of a one hit wonder. He keeps plugging along, and I happy he does because I really love this song. Kind of obsessed.
- Don’t Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers feat. Daya. Once I downloaded the Mike Posner song I was in a chill EDM mood and this was the next logical step. I only have a couple songs from The Chainsmokers but I think they’re really great for long drives or commuting music.
What are you listening to lately?
Songs I downloaded on iTunes.
1. Outside by Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding. This is very reminiscent of their previous collaboration: I Need Your Love. I think Harris and Goulding have a good thing going though. It’s definitely on my workout mix!
2. Steal My Girl by One Direction. Because it’s One Direction. Duh. And by the way, click that link and watch the video.
3. If I Could Change Your Mind by HAIM. I came across this randomly and decided I needed it. HAIM has a very distinct and consistent style and I’m definitely on board.
4. Blank Space by Taylor Swift (I couldn’t find it on YouTube). I have kind of a love/ hate relationship with Taylor Swift songs. I either love them or I hate them. This one falls in the former category. It’s clear she’s moving in a new direction these days, and as long as she comes up with songs like this one and Shake it Off, I’m on board.
5. Lips are Movin by Meghan Trainor. I have listened to this song approximately 1. 4 million times in the past week. I like it a lot more than “All About the Bass.” It’s catchy and funny, and I can’t. stop. playing. it.