Songs I downloaded on iTunes. Too catchy to miss!
- Touch by Little Mix. I love me some bubblegum pop. Little Mix is the epitome of that right now. Super fun!
- Flame by Tinashe. I really love every song that Tinashe releases. She seems to be flying under the radar and has had trouble hitting it big on the Top 40, but I think she’s a force to reckoned with.
- The Cure by Lady Gaga. I listened to approximately 5 seconds of this song and clicked buy. I think Gaga has been a little hit and miss the past year, but this is a hit for sure!
- There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back by Shawn Mendes. Mr. Mendes is so catchy, I can’t handle it. I love a singer/songwriter vibe mixed with pop.
- Symphony by Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson. This one makes me feel the most hip. I mean, who the hell is Clean Bandit? I don’t know, but I like it!
What are you listening to lately?
Songs I downloaded from iTunes.
- Side to Side by Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj. This is a fun song for the workout mix. Ariana Grande lyrics continue to baffle me. She loves to play an innocent, giggly girl in the media, and her songs are 100% about sex. It’s weird.
- Perfect Illusion by Lady Gaga. I was really skeptical about this song because Lady Gaga’s style has changed a lot in the last couple years. It took a couple listens, but I really like this one. It just blows my mind that she went from super avant guard fashion to tee shirts and cut-off jean shorts.
- Starving by Hailee Steinfeld & Grey feat. Zedd. I’m on the fence about Hailee Steinfeld. I like some of her songs, but not all of them, and I found her character in Pitch Perfect 2 really annoying. So I’m taking her on a song by song basis. This one is a winner in my book, but at the same time it’s not fast enough for the gym but not a slow song either. Probably best for car rides.
- Starboy by The Weeknd feat. Daft Punk. I really like The Weeknd, and if you saw him on SNL you’ll notice that he ditched the cartoony hair style. He looks like a normal civilian now! This song is a perfect mix of Daft Punk and The Weeknd’s styles.
- Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin. I had a serious need for Bobby Darin the other day. Is that normal? I might have downloaded a couple of his other songs as well. He just makes me so happy, I can’t explain it.
Songs I downloaded on iTunes.
- You Don’t Own Me by Grace feat. G- Eazy. This is a fantastic cover of the classic Leslie Gore tune. I actually know this best from the infamous trio of Bette Midler, Diane Keaton, and Goldie Hawn in First Wives Club. I can just picture this being performed at the Grammy’s next year with some really glowy lighting. It’s perfect. Get it, now!
- Formation by Beyonce. Duh.
- This is What You Came For by Calvin Harris feat. Rihanna. I thought this was a no brainer because of the people. After listening to it about fifty times, I don’t think it’s my all time favorite, but it’s a good addition to the workout playlist.
- Messin’ Around by Pitbull feat. Enrique Iglesias. This song samples Take it on the Run by REO Speedwagon, you’ll recognize it right away. Frankly Pitbull + Enrique = money in the bank.
- Bad Romance by Lady Gaga. I realized I didn’t have it, and I needed it ASAP.