Songs I downloaded from iTunes.
- Side to Side by Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj. This is a fun song for the workout mix. Ariana Grande lyrics continue to baffle me. She loves to play an innocent, giggly girl in the media, and her songs are 100% about sex. It’s weird.
- Perfect Illusion by Lady Gaga. I was really skeptical about this song because Lady Gaga’s style has changed a lot in the last couple years. It took a couple listens, but I really like this one. It just blows my mind that she went from super avant guard fashion to tee shirts and cut-off jean shorts.
- Starving by Hailee Steinfeld & Grey feat. Zedd. I’m on the fence about Hailee Steinfeld. I like some of her songs, but not all of them, and I found her character in Pitch Perfect 2 really annoying. So I’m taking her on a song by song basis. This one is a winner in my book, but at the same time it’s not fast enough for the gym but not a slow song either. Probably best for car rides.
- Starboy by The Weeknd feat. Daft Punk. I really like The Weeknd, and if you saw him on SNL you’ll notice that he ditched the cartoony hair style. He looks like a normal civilian now! This song is a perfect mix of Daft Punk and The Weeknd’s styles.
- Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin. I had a serious need for Bobby Darin the other day. Is that normal? I might have downloaded a couple of his other songs as well. He just makes me so happy, I can’t explain it.