Songs I downloaded from iTunes. This should be the hashtag no judgement edition. Proof that I’m being honest about my downloads.
- Summer Thing by Afrojack feat. Mike Taylor. Definitely a fun song for the workout mix! It’s an EDM summer song, what else do you need?
- Dirty Work by Austin Mahone. He’s just too darn cute. This is very reminiscent of early Bieber, but I don’t hate it.
- Hide Away by Daya. This song is funny to me because it has a dainty vibe with some edgier lyrics. It’s pretty fitting in my life right now too.
- Smoke Break by Carrie Underwood. I don’t think Carrie Underwood can really do any wrong. This is a classic Carrie power ballad, and it is very relatable.
- Drag Me Down by One Direction. We all know that I’m team Boy Band for life! This is not their best, but I just cannot resist. I have to soak it up before the hiatus starts!
What are your hashtag no judgement music obsessions right now?
songs I downloaded from iTunes.
I really needed some new music to listen to so I went on a little bit of a shopping spree with these five songs. I don’t have much of story behind any of these, so no explanations this time. I just listened to the sample on iTunes and decided to get it. I’m not disappointed with any of my choices!
1. Somebody by Natalie La Rose (feat. Jeremih)
2. She Knows by Ne-Yo (feat. Juicy J)
3. Geronimo by Sheppard
4. Talking Body by Tove Lo
5. Wrapped Up by Olly Murs (feat. Travis McCoy)
Songs I downloaded on iTunes.
1. Sugar Daddy by Neil Patrick Harris from cast recording of Hedwig and the Angry Inch. I saw NPH perform this on the Tony’s last summer and I finally decided that I needed to own the recording. I think the soundtrack recording is not a high energy as his performance at the Tony’s but it’s still pretty great.
2. Stuck On a Feeling by Prince Royce featuring Snoop Dogg. I am obsessed with this song. It actually sounds a little bit retro to me. Not real retro, but late 90’s/early 2000’s retro. I have no idea who Prince Royce is, but I like him. I think it’s very reminiscent of the New Kids on the Block. Which leads me to my next download…
3. Give it to You by Jordan Knight. Stuck on a Feeling made me think of this song for some reason, and then I realized that I didn’t have this song. Problem solved. This is definitely on of the great pop songs of 1999. I’m pretty sure I listened to it 8 times in a row during a run the other day. I don’t know how I was living without it for so long.
4. Love Me Harder by Ariana Grande featuring The Weekend. I always am on the fence about spending money on Ariana Grande songs because I’m luke warm about her as a person and I figure it’s just a pop song that I’ll get bored of in five minutes. But then I always give in. This song is classic young pop star, “I’m an innocent young girl, but I’m going to sing about sex.” There is nothing discreet about these lyrics.
5. Jealous(I Ain’t With It) by Chromeo. Do not be confused, this is not the Nick Jonas song. I was browsing around on iTunes and I listened to a sample of this. It’s unbelievably catchy and hilarious like every other Chromeo song. It was a must have.