When a great new song comes out I have a bad habit of listening to it non-stop for days or weeks at a time until I get completely sick of it. Every single time I think to myself- there will never be a new song as good as this one. These are the songs that made me feel that way in 2015:
I will caveat this list by saying these are not necessarily the most beautiful or profound songs of the year (i.e. Adele isn’t on the list). But these songs got me through my daily commute, some very long drives, and about 300 workouts, and that’s all I need.
Going for a run outside in the hot weather takes a certain kind of motivation. Here are some of the songs that are helping me get through those sweaty miles:
- Want to Want Me by Jason Derulo
- Hideaway by Kiesza
- Back It Up by Prince Royce feat. JLo and Pitbull (cute video)
- House Party by Sam Hunt
- Should’ve Been Us by Tori Kelly
- Fight Song by Rachel Platten
- Post To Be by Omarion feat. Chris Brown and Jhene Aiko
- Where are You Now by Skrillex and Diplo feat. Justin Beiber
- I Don’t Like it, I Love it by FloRida feat. Robin Thicke and Verdine White
- Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon
- Geronimo by Sheppard
- Somebody by Natalie La Rose feat. Jeremih (good dance video!)
- Honey I’m Good by Andy Grammar
- Tonight Belongs to You by Jeremih feat. FloRida
- Bad Blood by Taylor Swift feat. Kendrick Lamar (star studded video!)
- Black Magic by Little Mix
- Drag Me Down by One Direction
- Hold My Hand by Jess Glynne
- Do It Again by Pia Mia feat. Chris Brown and Tyga
- Hide Away by Daya
Happy Running! Don’t forget to hydrate!
PS- These are my latest running gear purchase. I’ve had them for about a month and I’m loving them so far. So glad I’m back to New Balance sneaks!
songs I downloaded from iTunes. (it’s been a while, let’s get back on the wagon!)
1. Should’ve Been Us by Tori Kelly. At first I thought Tori Kelly was just a younger version of Natasha Bettingfield because she sounds like her in her first single “Nobody Love.” But now I’m thinking that was because of the melody of the song. “Should’ve Been Us” never gets old for me, I’ve been playing it very consistently for weeks and I still love it.
2. House Party by Sam Hunt. At first this song annoyed me a little, but then I gave in. I think it’s actually really funny and I love the chorus. It’s a great country summer song!
3. Back It Up by Prince Royce feat. Pitbull and J.Lo. Come on, how do you say know to Prince Royce, Pitbull, and J.Lo. The song is very catchy, and the video is super cute. It’s a great pop summer song.
4. Tonight Belongs to You by Jeremih feat. FloRida. This song kept coming up on my Pandora and I kept liking it a little more every time I heard it. It’s on my workout mix, and I think it’s just a nice middle ground between EDM, R&B, and rap.
5. Marvin Gaye by Charlie Puth feat. Meghan Trainor. At first I really didn’t like the stupid lyrics in this song, but I got over that because Charlie Puth is just too cute. The video is actually pretty funny.