Songs I downloaded on iTunes.
- You Don’t Own Me by Grace feat. G- Eazy. This is a fantastic cover of the classic Leslie Gore tune. I actually know this best from the infamous trio of Bette Midler, Diane Keaton, and Goldie Hawn in First Wives Club. I can just picture this being performed at the Grammy’s next year with some really glowy lighting. It’s perfect. Get it, now!
- Formation by Beyonce. Duh.
- This is What You Came For by Calvin Harris feat. Rihanna. I thought this was a no brainer because of the people. After listening to it about fifty times, I don’t think it’s my all time favorite, but it’s a good addition to the workout playlist.
- Messin’ Around by Pitbull feat. Enrique Iglesias. This song samples Take it on the Run by REO Speedwagon, you’ll recognize it right away. Frankly Pitbull + Enrique = money in the bank.
- Bad Romance by Lady Gaga. I realized I didn’t have it, and I needed it ASAP.
Songs I downloaded from iTunes.
- Work by Rihanna feat. Drake. This song is everywhere and I finally caved. I felt like I needed to add it to my workout playlist.
- Never Forget You by Zara Larsson and MNEK. I was listening to the sample of this song on iTunes over and over and I finally committed to it. It’s also great for the workout playlist. I’m surprised I haven’t heard it in spin class yet.
- 2am by Adrian Marcel feat. Sage the Gemini. I heard this song on a YouTube dance video. The choreography is so good, and it’s hard to stop listening to the song.
- Trini Dem Girls by Nicki Minaj feat. Lunchmoney Lewis. Another one I saw on a choreography video. So good. This is a combination of a typical Nicki song combined with one of those girls of world type songs where they call out several nationalities.
- Drop That Kitty by Ty Dolla $ign feat. Charli XCX and Tinashe. This is another great workout song. Definitely inappropriate so it’s not for the faint of heart, but it’s a fun, high energy song. (the video is definitely weird)
Songs I downloaded from iTunes.
- We Found Love by Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris. Oldie but a goodie. This comes on in my spin class and I always think- why do I not have this song? This issue has been resolved.
- Hotline Bling (cover) by Ceresia. I actually have multiple Hotline Bling covers. It’s really interesting to hear the different interpretations and it’s particularly interesting to hear a woman sing it.
- Work From Home by Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign. This song is quite cheesy, but so catchy. Fifth Harmony seems to have a work related songs and music videos. I wonder if this is phase, or if they found success with one and kept going. I’ve listened to this song 96 times this week according to my iTunes.
- I Took a Pill in Ibiza (Seeb Remix) by Mike Posner. I’m not a bonafide Mike Posner fan, but I think I have at least five of his songs in my library which is a lot for kind of a one hit wonder. He keeps plugging along, and I happy he does because I really love this song. Kind of obsessed.
- Don’t Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers feat. Daya. Once I downloaded the Mike Posner song I was in a chill EDM mood and this was the next logical step. I only have a couple songs from The Chainsmokers but I think they’re really great for long drives or commuting music.
What are you listening to lately?