Songs I downloaded from iTunes.
- Break Up in a Small Town by Sam Hunt. I think I have a quota of at least one country song a quarter and I was overdue. I don’t think there’s such thing as a Sam Hunt song that isn’t catchy.
- Big Rings by Drake and Future. Ciara child support battles aside, this is a great victory song. It’s great to listen too after you’ve had a good day, it makes you feel like a baller.
- When We Were Young by Adele. I’m going to be honest, I do not love every single song on Adele’s new album, but I love this song. I do wonder, however, how at 27 she has had this many epic romances.
- WTF (Where They From) by Missy Elliot feat. Pharrell. I love that Missy Elliot comes back every few years and puts out a really fun out of box song. This song is definitely outside the box and it took some time to warm up to it, but after a couple listens I thought it was awesome! I also love this YouTube choreography video to it.
- Perfect (stripped version) by One Direction. One last hurrah before the hiatus!
When a great new song comes out I have a bad habit of listening to it non-stop for days or weeks at a time until I get completely sick of it. Every single time I think to myself- there will never be a new song as good as this one. These are the songs that made me feel that way in 2015:
I will caveat this list by saying these are not necessarily the most beautiful or profound songs of the year (i.e. Adele isn’t on the list). But these songs got me through my daily commute, some very long drives, and about 300 workouts, and that’s all I need.
Going for a run outside in the hot weather takes a certain kind of motivation. Here are some of the songs that are helping me get through those sweaty miles:
- Want to Want Me by Jason Derulo
- Hideaway by Kiesza
- Back It Up by Prince Royce feat. JLo and Pitbull (cute video)
- House Party by Sam Hunt
- Should’ve Been Us by Tori Kelly
- Fight Song by Rachel Platten
- Post To Be by Omarion feat. Chris Brown and Jhene Aiko
- Where are You Now by Skrillex and Diplo feat. Justin Beiber
- I Don’t Like it, I Love it by FloRida feat. Robin Thicke and Verdine White
- Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon
- Geronimo by Sheppard
- Somebody by Natalie La Rose feat. Jeremih (good dance video!)
- Honey I’m Good by Andy Grammar
- Tonight Belongs to You by Jeremih feat. FloRida
- Bad Blood by Taylor Swift feat. Kendrick Lamar (star studded video!)
- Black Magic by Little Mix
- Drag Me Down by One Direction
- Hold My Hand by Jess Glynne
- Do It Again by Pia Mia feat. Chris Brown and Tyga
- Hide Away by Daya
Happy Running! Don’t forget to hydrate!
PS- These are my latest running gear purchase. I’ve had them for about a month and I’m loving them so far. So glad I’m back to New Balance sneaks!