Today, I woke up at 11 and decided to clean the house. After a thorough cleaning, I was starting to get hungry for a good meal. I had some over ripened bananas, so I whipped up my favorite Banana Coconut Bread to have for the week. I know the busy week that lies ahead because the bakery opens on May 5th. I wanted to ensure that I had breakfast on the run.
After finishing the bread and while I still had the oven on, I decided that I needed to make lunch to appease my hunger pangs. I immediately thought pizza. I had a Pillsbury Pizza Crust in the fridge and only needed to figure out the rest of the toppings to make a delicious pizza. Here’s what I came up with.
Blue Cheese and Canadian Bacon Pizza
Pillsbury Pizza Dough, Ricotta Cheese, 1/2 diced red bell pepper, 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, 6 slices Canadian bacon (diced), 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, salt & pepper, italian seasoning, balsamic reduction (optional)
1. Spread pizza dough onto a greased sheet pan.
2. Spread a thin layer of ricotta cheese over the dough.
3. Sprinkle on peppers, tomatoes, and bacon. Then top the pizza with the cheeses. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and italian seasoning.
4. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
5. Enjoy your pizza! I topped my slice with balsamic reduction which complements the blue cheese wonderfully!