Do you need to bring some dessert to a pool party or BBQ? Two words of advice: Marshmallow Treats. One thing I’ve learned over the past couple years, is that you need to pick recipes to make that align well with the occasion, not just because you want to try something new, or an impressive technique. It’s like dressing for the occasion, even though it’s probably better to be over dressed than under dressed, I would rather wear a fashion forward casual outfit than be the only tool in a dress and sky high heels. That might be just me, but I must say, every time I’ve made marshmallow treats to bring to a party, they get raves. Yes, marshmallow treats, the dessert that has minimal ingredients and doesn’t even have to bake in the oven. They’re more unique than cookies, take a fraction of the time, do not require climate control, and only get gooier in the warm weather.
Do you want to reap compliments? Make these:
S’mores Marshmallow Treats
makes about 18 squares (depending on how much you eat while you make it)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bag mini marshmallows (plus an extra handful if you like gooey)
- 6-7 cups Golden Grahams Cereal
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- Prepare 9 x 13 pan with parchment or non-stick spray.
- Warm up a pot on the stove over medium heat. Melt butter.
- Add the bag of marshmallows to the butter and stir until melted. Add vanilla to mixture and turn down heat to low.
- Add cereal to mixture and turn off heat. Mix well to distribute marshmallow mixture and add an extra handful of marshmallows if you want gooier bars.
- Sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips on the bottom of the prepared pan. Add mixture on top of chocolate chips. As you spread the mixture out add more chocolate chips so they are incorporated throughout the bars. Once the mixture is spread evenly, add remaining chocolate chips on top (I try to add them strategically so they don’t all melt right away).
- Allow to cool to room temperature then move to fridge or freezer to speed up the cooling process.