When I go to a group fitness class, the instructor always says that the cool down is the most important part of the workout. Usually at that point I’m antsy to get out of the room and on with my day, so it takes all of my power to find patience and stretch with the group. One thing that helps is good music. There is a lot more freedom for cool down music because it does not have to have a certain cadence. It adds a nice level of variety to the workout mix. On principle I try to stick with positive, uplifting cool down songs, but every once in a while there’s an irresitable darker ballad that makes it on the list. Here’s what I’ve been listening to lately.
Cool Down/Relaxing Music
- How Will I Know (Glee Version) by Glee Cast
- The Longest Time by Billy Joel
- Sunday Morning by Maroon 5
- Hero by Mariah Carey
- Heartless by Kris Allen
- Ave Maria by Beyonce
- Stickwitu by Pussycat Dolls
- Everything by Michael Buble
- Vultures by John Mayer
- The Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding
- Never Ever by Ciara
- Back at Your Door by Maroon 5
- Cry (Glee Version) by Lea Michele
- Fire and Rain by James Taylor
- Missing You by John Waite
- Ain’t Nothing Like the Real Thing by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
- How Deep is Your Love by The Bird & the Bee
- It’s Growing by James Taylor
- Energy by Keri Hilson
- Keep Your Head Up by Andy Grammar
In case you forgot, I already offered my recommendations for workout songs in the following categories: Old School, Top 40, Girl Power, and Hardcore/Motivational. Check those posts out for more ideas.
What cool down songs do you like to listen to?