So I’m back in Virginia in my own cozy apartment. I really missed my apartment when I was in Connecticut. I was living with just the bare necessities in Connecticut so I was so happy to see all of my stuff when I got home to VA.
After dumping the contents of my car into the middle of my living room, it took me just over a week to dig myself out of my own mess and clean up my apartment. In addition to unpacking from the summer I also cleaned out my closet so I could actually fit my clothes back into it. It felt so good to get rid of five large shopping bags filled to brims with old clothes that I don’t wear anymore. I hope I do this on a more regular basis in the future.
As I settle back in, I am slowly restocking the ingredients in my kitchen, and I jumped back into baking with a cookie recipe I found while perusing blogs. It’s definitely a great one for peanut butter lovers. It’s a twist on a traditional peanut butter cookie with the addition of chocolate chips and peanuts!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields 2-3 dozen depending of size from Confections of a Foodie Bride
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter room temp
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups + 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 16 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup unsalted peanuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and peanut butter. Add sugars and beat until fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in flour mixture. Mix until just combined, and then fold in chocolate and nuts. The dough will be kind of crumbly.
- Form large balls of cookie dough and allow to chill for 20 minutes. (I smushed them down before I put them in the oven so they would end up flatter)
- Bake at 375 for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool and enjoy!
One thought on “Back in Business”