A couple weeks ago I posted a recipe for chewy oatmeal cookies. Well as we know, I am an oatmeal cookie addict, so I decided to try yet another chewy oatmeal cookie. This one is from the blog How Sweet It Is, which is a fabulously beautiful food blog, which a great combination of interesting yet do-able recipes.
Her original recipe only calls for chocolate chips, but I decided to add a little more je ne sais quoi. Which means, instead of chocolate chips, I went with butterscotch chips, M&M’s (autumn colors of course), and chopped pecans. Basically I look for any excuse to make monster cookies with as many add-ins as possible.
Chewy Oatmeal Cookies with M&M’s, butterscotch, and pecans
Yields about 30-40 cookies, adapted from How Sweet It Is
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 1/2 cups M&M’s
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Mix together dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt), set aside.
- Beat eggs and vanilla into butter and sugar mixture.
- Add dry to wet and beat to combine. Add oats and other add-ins. Mix to combine, do not over mix.
- Allow dough to chill for 30 minutes and preheat oven to 375.
- Bake cookies 9-11 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely and enjoy!