Songs I downloaded from iTunes. Something old, and something new edition.
1. You’ve Really Got a Hold on Me by Smokey Robinson and the Miracles. This might just be one of the best songs ever written.
2. Fantasy by Mariah Carey feat. ODB. With the recent release of Mariah’s new album, I came to the realization that this song was on none of the five Mariah albums that I already own. I promptly bought in on iTunes, and my life has been infinitely better since.
3. Always on Time by Ja Rule feat. Ashanti. I heard this song randomly on the radio one morning when I was getting up. Sometimes the morning show I listen to gets in a throwback mood in the morning. I don’t know how I was surviving without this song on my iPod. This song also brought to light that I might be lumping Ashanti and Christina Milian together as the same person in my mind.
4. Stay With Me by Sam Smith. Sam Smith is my new favorite discovery. He reminds me of a male version of Adele or Joss Stone or Emeli Sande. I must say, though, I’m not used to this kind of narrative coming from a man. I’m actually curious to hear one of the afore mentioned women cover this just to see what it would sound like.
5. I’m Not the Only One by Sam Smith. Considering his song topics, it sounds like he’s going through a rough divorce right now. And yet, I think he’s going to “win” this break up since this literally hit number 1 on iTunes.