Songs I downloaded on iTunes.
1. “Daft Punk” by Pentatonix. This was a Pandora find. It has come up a few times in the last few months and I finally decided I needed it all the time. It’s a mash up of several Daft Punk songs in a cappella form. I’m not even that much of a Daft Punk fan, but now I’m rethinking my ways.
2. “Work It” by Missy Elliot. This is pretty obvious. I saw the Superbowl half time show and had a major nostalgic moment.
3. “Proud Mary” by Tina Turner. Similar to the Missy moment I had, I recently realized I did not have this song in my library and felt the need to immediately remedy the situation. My life is much improved.
4. “Take Your Time” by Sam Hunt. This song caught my eye on the iTunes list of Top 50 songs which I monitor regularly. It’s a great low key country song that is a twist on the typical love song. I could do without the speaking parts, but other than that, I’m kind of obsessed.
5. “Truffle Butter” by Nicki Minaj featuring Drake and Lil Wayne. Nicki Minaj has been a little cooky ever since Iggy Azalea has stolen some of her female rapper spotlight (Isn’t that how Lil Kim reacted with Minaj came on the scene? It’s like deja vu all over again…). But I like this song, and it’s clear with the supporting characters, that she’s back to doing what she does best with her original crew.