Songs I’ve downloaded from iTunes. (It’s been a while…)
- Gold by Kiiara. This is a really unique and cool song. It’s definitely not your average top 40. A little like Selena Gomez, but way cooler.
- Into You by Ariana Grande. It’s hard for me to say no to an Ariana Grande song. She’s got a Britney narrative with a Mariah voice. It’s a killer combination.
- Make Me by Britney Spears feat. G-Eazy. Brit Brit is definitely following the Bieber lead and getting more EDM by the minute. I don’t hate it.
- For Free by DJ Khaled feat. Drake. This song is a little blah, but it’s also pretty funny.
- Ruin by Shawn Mendes. Shawn is really finding his niche with his acoustic singer songwriter vibe.
- Sit Still, Look Pretty by Daya. This song is 100% girl power which is why I love it. It’s a little blatant but just awesome at the same time. It’s a great motivational song on the morning commute.
- Think of You by Chris Young feat. Cassadee Pope. I have to mix in a country song here and there. I like the story in the song, and it’s just plain catchy.
- Easy Love by Sigala. This is a great workout song. It’s basically an EDM remix of ABC by the Jackson 5. My spin class teacher uses it almost every week and I needed it in my rotation.
- We Don’t Talk Anymore by Charlie Puth feat. Selena Gomez. This has a pretty chill vibe but it’s somehow catchy at the same time. I think Charlie Puth is establishing a pretty good career with all of his high profile collaborations.
- Cheap Thrills by Sia feat. Sean Paul. I’m a sucker for Sean Paul. Sia, I get take or leave, but I needed something upbeat to add to the workout mix and this fit the bill.
Songs I downloaded from iTunes.
- We Found Love by Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris. Oldie but a goodie. This comes on in my spin class and I always think- why do I not have this song? This issue has been resolved.
- Hotline Bling (cover) by Ceresia. I actually have multiple Hotline Bling covers. It’s really interesting to hear the different interpretations and it’s particularly interesting to hear a woman sing it.
- Work From Home by Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign. This song is quite cheesy, but so catchy. Fifth Harmony seems to have a work related songs and music videos. I wonder if this is phase, or if they found success with one and kept going. I’ve listened to this song 96 times this week according to my iTunes.
- I Took a Pill in Ibiza (Seeb Remix) by Mike Posner. I’m not a bonafide Mike Posner fan, but I think I have at least five of his songs in my library which is a lot for kind of a one hit wonder. He keeps plugging along, and I happy he does because I really love this song. Kind of obsessed.
- Don’t Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers feat. Daya. Once I downloaded the Mike Posner song I was in a chill EDM mood and this was the next logical step. I only have a couple songs from The Chainsmokers but I think they’re really great for long drives or commuting music.
What are you listening to lately?
Songs I downloaded from iTunes. This should be the hashtag no judgement edition. Proof that I’m being honest about my downloads.
- Summer Thing by Afrojack feat. Mike Taylor. Definitely a fun song for the workout mix! It’s an EDM summer song, what else do you need?
- Dirty Work by Austin Mahone. He’s just too darn cute. This is very reminiscent of early Bieber, but I don’t hate it.
- Hide Away by Daya. This song is funny to me because it has a dainty vibe with some edgier lyrics. It’s pretty fitting in my life right now too.
- Smoke Break by Carrie Underwood. I don’t think Carrie Underwood can really do any wrong. This is a classic Carrie power ballad, and it is very relatable.
- Drag Me Down by One Direction. We all know that I’m team Boy Band for life! This is not their best, but I just cannot resist. I have to soak it up before the hiatus starts!
What are your hashtag no judgement music obsessions right now?