Songs I downloaded from iTunes. Taking a break from the Christmas playlist.
- Hello by Adele. Duh.
- Love Yourself by Justin Bieber. Apparently if JB is singing it, I’m buying it. This one is a lot more scaled back than some of his recent EDM hits.
- One Love by Marianas Trench. I think I was looking up a different Marianas Trench song and I saw that this song just came out so of course I needed it.
- Irresistible by Fall Out Boy. I’ve heard this on the radio several times, but hearing it in spin class really convinced to add it to my workout mix. Fall Out Boy is just so reliable.
- In the Night by The Weeknd. This song sounds like the story to an 80’s movie to me. He has an interesting combination of songs that are derogatory towards women, and songs that are supportive to women in his repertoire. I like his stuff in general but the jury is still out overall.
Songs I downloaded on iTunes:
1. Do What You Want by Lady Gaga feat. R. Kelly. I went for a run the right after I downloaded it and I listened to this song on repeat for about 3 out of the 8 miles. It took a couple plays to warm up to it, but now I’m completely obsessed.
2. Burn by Ellie Goulding. Ellie gets me every time. I always think her aesthetic is a little to etherial for me, and yet, I like pretty much all of her singles. Go figure…
3. Turn Me On by Kevin Lyttle. This is a throw back. I woke up to my radio playing this song the other day, and I thought to myself: “I need that song on my iPod asap!” No regrets!
4. The Phoenix by Fall Out Boy. The combination of a rock vibe with pop melodies do it for me. Fall Out Boy always hits the nail on the head, it’s such a great work out song!
5. Alone Together (remix) by Krewella/Fall Out Boy. I heard this remix in spin class and became obsessed. After hearing it a few weeks in a row, our teacher finally told us who did it. It’s an awesome sprint track!
Songs I downloaded on iTunes:
5. Classic by MKTO. Get it, now! This is such a fun song! It kind of reminds my of Faded by Soul Decision because it’s a very poppy song with kind of a cheesy quick rap in the middle. But it’s so catchy and retro that the cheese factor that comes along with the rap is negligible. I’ve heard of these guys before, but I like ’em!
4. Hold On, We’re Going Home by Drake feat. Majid Jordan. This is such a chill song and Drake is the best. I love vibe. It’s not necessarily at the top of my workout song list, but it’s very enjoyable. I don’t have a lot of new rap songs on my list lately, so this is keeping the genre alive for me.
3. Dirty Dancing by The New Kids On The Block. This song is pretty hilarious. I think it’s funny and kind of awesome that these five boys from Boston often lean toward and R&B vibe in their music. Where does that come from in them? Anywho, the song is just fun and funny. It makes me smile for sure.
2. Alone Together by Fall Out Boy. In my opinion Fall Out Boy never disappoints. Even though they have come and gone a little over the years, I love how their songs have a good mix of pop melody and rock. Patrick Stump, the lead singer, seems to nail it on the head every time! This song rocks!
1. Dance With Me Tonight by Olly Murs. I am so obsessed with this song! It is the epitome of cute and I love Olly. It’s very retro to the point that I could almost picture Sam Cooke singing it. There’s basically nothing I don’t like about this song and I am fully capable of listening to it on repeat for long periods of time.