Songs I’ve downloaded from iTunes. Usually I do five songs at a time, but I’ve been MIA and also on a little bit of a downloading spree so I needed to share my whole current playlist. Some of the links are to the music videos, and some are to choreography videos, all are fantastic. Fair warning, there are some risqué lyrics.
- Love Me Like You by Little Mix
- Sexual by NEIKED feat. Dyo
- Body by Dreezy feat. Jeremih
- Better When I’m Dancin’ by Meghan Trainor
- Wrongest Way by Sonny
- Swalla by Jason Derulo feat. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Team by Krewella
- Party by Chris Brown feat. Usher and Gucci Mane
- Something Just Like This by The Chainsmokers
- Ride by Ciara feat. Ludacris
- Take U There by Skrillex and Diplo feat. Kiesza
- Be Right There by Diplo and Sleepy Tom
- Dive by Ed Sheeran
- Call on Me by Starley
- Dancing on My Own by Calum Scott
- Stay by Zedd feat. Alessia Cara
- Say You Won’t Let Go by James Arthur
- Issues by Julia Michaels
- It Ain’t Me by Kygo and Selena Gomez
- Cake by FloRida and 99 Percent
What are you listening to lately?
Songs I downloaded on iTunes.
- Love in the Dark by Adele. I’m slowly accumulating Adele’s music, and while I love this song, I’m not so crazy about her latest single Send My Love (to your new lover). The verses are fine, the chorus is weird.
- Dance in the Graveyards by Delta Rae. I went to an A Capella concert a couple weeks ago in DC and this song was performed quite fabulously. It has a slightly morbid premise, but very joyful at the same time.
- Treat You Better by Shawn Mendes. This is a really catchy and sweet new tune from Shawn Mendes. I needed a new song on my playlist, and this fit the bill.
- Nothing But Trouble (Instagram Models) by Lil’ Wayne and Charlie Puth. This song is kind of hilarious, and a really good mix of Lil’ Wayne and Charlie Puth’s styles. It’s also just kind of funny to see these two do a song together. Charlie is getting some street cred with all of his fancy duets these days.
- Never Be Like You by Flume feat. Kai. This EDM song reminds me of a combination of Ellie Goulding and The Chainsmokers. It’s kind of chill and intense at the same time. I don’t really get the message, I think she cheated and she’s looking for forgiveness. I’ll have to listen again.
Now that temperatures outside are warming up, it’s time to get serious about hitting the pavement. I think I’ve gotten a little slower this winter. Even though I was running regularly throughout, I had a knee thing for a while so I took a week off here and there to try to get it back to normal. Now that I think I’m close to normal, I really want to kick it up a notch this spring to get back to where I was last fall. Here are some of my current songs to listen to while I run:
- We Found Love by Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris
- SummerThing! by Afrojack feat. Mike Taylor
- Do it Again by Pia Mia feat. Chris Brown and Tyga
- Do What U Want by Lady Gaga feat. R. Kelly
- Without You by David Guetta feat. Usher
- Break a Sweat by Becky G
- Where are U Now by Skrillex and Diplo feat. Justin Bieber
- Ayo by Chris Brown and Tyga
- Disturbia by Rihanna
- Bad by David Guetta and Showtek feat. Vassy
- Geronimo by Sheppard
- Alone Together (Fall Out Boy remix) by Krewella
If you need a gear refresh, I love this super light weight tank from Athleta, these epic run shorts from Nike, this double dare sports bra from Athleta (it’s mid impact so use your judgement), and this sleek cuff that helps me hold my keys when I’m wearing shorts without pockets.
And soon enough, I’ll need a shoe refresh. I have my eyes on these right now:
What’s on your running playlist these days?