Rice Krispie treats. Need I say more?
This has become my go-to option when I need a quick and tasty treat to share with a group. Rice Krispie treats are always a crowd pleaser. It’s a little disheartening because they’re so easy to make and yet so delicious. To amp them up a little I try to mix in some interesting ingredients. Just so it looks like I put some effort into the situation. This time I went with coconut, almonds, and white chocolate chips. A winning combination.
Coconut Almond White Chocolate Chip Rice Krispie Treats
Yields approximately 18 muffin cup portions
- 1/2 stick of butter (4 Tbs)
- slash of vanilla extract
- 1 16 oz bag of mini marshmallows (slightly bigger then the standard 10 oz bag)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies (or generic equivalent)
- 1 packed cup of coconut flakes
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 10- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- rainbow sprinkles (optional, but highly recommended)
- Melt butter in pot over medium heat. When butter is melted, add 3/4 of the marshmallows. Add vanilla extract (be careful because it has alcohol in it so there is potential for flames).
- Combine 3 cups of Rice Krispies, coconut, almonds, and the rest of the marshmallows in large bowl.
- When the marshmallows are completely melted, turn off the heat and add the other 3 cups of Rice Krispies to the pot. Mix to combine the pour mixture into the bowl with the other add ins.
- When ingredients are well combined, add white chocolate chips and sprinkles. Mix to combine. (if you add the sprinkles and chocolate too early it will melt more than you want)
- Transfer mixture into muffin cups or desired pan. Allow to cool or chill in fridge. Enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Treat Time!”
These are such fancy rice krispie treats – they look so good!
Reblogged this on Idi-yum and commented:
Oh good god, yes!