I’ve been watching on the tube this summer.
1. Catfish on MTV. It’s a little formulaic and repetitive, but it totally sucks me in. I always need to wait until at least the first reveal when you see if the “catfish” is really the person in their photos. Plus, Nev and Max are pretty cute.
2. Newlyweds: the First Year on Bravo. Bravo is really good at sucking me in. This show follows a few couples throughout their entire first year of marriage documentary style. Each of the couples are a little unique and they have issues that cover the spectrum of couple issues from how much sex they’re having, to trust issues, to in-law issues, to communication issues. At first, I wasn’t too excited about any of the couples, they they’ve all grown on me and now I can’t pick a favorite.
3. The Pioneer Woman on The Food Network. Now that Paula is out, I’m ready to see Ree Drummond step up in a big way. She’s got some big shoes to fill, but I think if she loosens up a pinch, she can do it.
4. Gilmore Girls in syndication on ABCFam. If I’m near a TV at 11am on weekdays, this is a must.
5. Girl Code on MTV. This show is hilarious. I highly recommend it. It’s basically just a bunch of new (and unknown to me) comedians commenting on common girl issues in various situations. It’s reminiscent of “I Love the 80’s” on VH1 for me, because I usually relate to a lot of it.