Songs I’ve downloaded on iTunes.
1. Rich Girl$ by Down With Webster. This song covers the classic “Rich Girl” by Hall and Oates for the chorus. It’s a little bit of a cheesy rap song, but I like how puts a new spin on a classic. It’s a fun, poppy rap song. This is not a new one, but I just discovered it thanks to a suggestion from iTunes.
2. Take Me Home by Cash Cash feat. Bebe Rexha. I got hooked on this song at the gym. It’s been in the mix of my favorite spin class the last couple weeks. I’m a little confused with the message of the lyrics, but it’s a great workout song to get you blood flowing.
3. The Man by Aloe Blacc. I feel like this is the male version of Roar by Katy Perry, except a lot more chill. It’s basically just a string of quasi-motivational statements strung together as lyrics, but there’s something appealing about it. Even though it’s slower, it could definitely work as a gym song I think.
4. Talk Dirty by Jason Derulo feat. 2 Chainz. Another song poached from spin class. I’ve been listening to the sample of this song in iTunes for a few weeks, then I heard it in spin class, which confirmed to me that it was a keeper. Definitely on the explicit side (a different side of Mr. Derulo), but it has some unique melodies in it.
5. Team by Lorde. I’m not sure why I like this one, but I do. My jury is still out on Lorde, but I’m staying tuned for the moment. My favorite lyrics: “I’m kind of over getting told to put my hands up in the air, so there.”