Thinking about Valentine’s Day appropriate music, I think about two genres: bubblegum pop, and Divas. Two of my specialties. I didn’t feel the need to stick to pure love songs, because sometimes the break up songs are the best. Here are some tracks for your consideration.
- He Loves You Not by Dream (the video is perfection)
- Love Don’t Cost a Thing by Jennifer Lopez (Think you gotta keep me iced? You don’t!)
- Say My Name by Destiny’s Child (you need to watch this version too)
- Just a Little Bit of Your Heart by Ariana Grande
- So Emotional by Whitney Houston
- Come On Over by Christina Aguilera
- Heartbreaker by Mariah Carey
- I Would by One Direction
- Replay by Zendaya (major dance video)
- Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepson
- I Think We’re Alone Now by Tiffany
- Should’ve Been Us by Tori Kelly (I think she’s a major Diva in development)
- Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis
- Burnin’ Up by The Jonas Brothers
- You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift (arguably her best work)
- Ooh Aah…Just a Little Bit by Gina G (every night makes me hate the day)
- PYT by Michael Jackson
- (You Drive Me) Crazy by Britney Spears (and every other song from the “Baby One More Time” album)
- Candy by Mandy Moore
- Hold My Hand by Jess Glynne
- You’re the One That I Want from Grease (gotta end with a classic)
And if you’re not feeling the V-day vibes, might I suggest the entire Jagged Little Pill album by the almighty Alanis Morissette. A timeless classic.
What’s on your playlist this week?