First I want to wish best of luck to those in New Jersey and New York. I hope everyone will have power and get back to their normal lives as soon as possible!
This is a simple post. Pumpkin bread is delicious. This is a recipe I have had years of success with. If you are having house guests or need a hostess gift for something in the next month, made this bread. If you are not having house guests, or do not need a hostess gift, make this bread. Enjoy the pumpkin season!
Pumpkin Spice Bread
Makes 2 9 x 5 loaves, recipe from Epicurious
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 16-ounce can solid pack pumpkin
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare two 9 x 5 loaf pans with parchment and nonstick spray.
- Combine flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. (you can substitute the multiple spices for pumpkin pie spice if you have it.)
- Wisk together oil and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, then the pumpkin.
- Add dry ingredients in slowly. Add in chopped walnuts if you want.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the tester comes out clean.