I’m going to be honest with you. I’ve been listening to Christmas music sporadically since Halloween this year. I know that’s a little early, but it’s just because Christmas music is so uplifting, and sometimes you need some positivity.
I have been honing the optimal Christmas playlist for years now. I usually make a new mix CD every year with several classics plus some new hits. I really think my list is pretty optimized at this point.
Every one loves to put their spin on the classics, here are my favorite versions of the standards:
- Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt (Duh!)
- Winter Wonderland by James Taylor
- White Christmas by Otis Redding
- Do You Hear What I Hear by Glee Cast (random pick but trust me)
- We Need A Little Christmas by Angela Lansbury from the Original “Auntie Mame” Soundtrack (you can’t go wrong with the OG)
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town by *it’s a tie between* Bruce Springsteen and Jackson 5
- Blue Christmas by Elvis (of course)
- Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let is Snow by Michael Buble
- The First Noel by NSYNC (obviously)
- Baby, It’s Cold Outside by Louis Armstrong and Velma Middleton (hilarious!)
- The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole (that’s the Chestnut song)
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Judy Garland from “Meet Me In Saint Louis” (my favorite movie of all all all time)
And here are my favorites that are more artist specific:
- Sleigh Ride by The Ronettes (get it now!)
- Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by Mariah Carey (obvi)
- Zat You Santa Claus by Louis Armstrong
- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays by NSYNC
- My Only Wish (This Year) by Britney Spears
- River by Joni Mitchell (she does it the best)
- All I Want For Christmas is You by Mariah Carey (any other version is sacrilege)
Ok, Which ones are your favorites?