I’m going to be honest with you. I’ve been listening to Christmas music sporadically since Halloween this year. I know that’s a little early, but it’s just because Christmas music is so uplifting, and sometimes you need some positivity.
I have been honing the optimal Christmas playlist for years now. I usually make a new mix CD every year with several classics plus some new hits. I really think my list is pretty optimized at this point.
Every one loves to put their spin on the classics, here are my favorite versions of the standards:
- Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt (Duh!)
- Winter Wonderland by James Taylor
- White Christmas by Otis Redding
- Do You Hear What I Hear by Glee Cast (random pick but trust me)
- We Need A Little Christmas by Angela Lansbury from the Original “Auntie Mame” Soundtrack (you can’t go wrong with the OG)
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town by *it’s a tie between* Bruce Springsteen and Jackson 5
- Blue Christmas by Elvis (of course)
- Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let is Snow by Michael Buble
- The First Noel by NSYNC (obviously)
- Baby, It’s Cold Outside by Louis Armstrong and Velma Middleton (hilarious!)
- The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole (that’s the Chestnut song)
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Judy Garland from “Meet Me In Saint Louis” (my favorite movie of all all all time)
And here are my favorites that are more artist specific:
- Sleigh Ride by The Ronettes (get it now!)
- Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by Mariah Carey (obvi)
- Zat You Santa Claus by Louis Armstrong
- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays by NSYNC
- My Only Wish (This Year) by Britney Spears
- River by Joni Mitchell (she does it the best)
- All I Want For Christmas is You by Mariah Carey (any other version is sacrilege)
Ok, Which ones are your favorites?
One thought on “The Best Christmas Songs”
My Only Wish and All I want for Christmas is you are two of my favorites. My all time favorite is I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas!