That’s right, I own a few books. Though most of them are presidential biographies, I have a few food/cook books. I was browsing through the Martha Cookie Cookbook the other day, and I saw a recipe that I’ve been meaning to try: Banana Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
Banana Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Yields about 3 dozen (maybe less)
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1.5 sticks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chunks (or chips if you don’t have chunks)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream together butter and sugars. Combine flours, salt, baking soda, and oats in separate bowl.
- Mix banana, egg, and vanilla into butter and sugar mixture. Then slowly add dry ingredients to wet.
- Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop to portion dough out onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes. Remove and all to cool.