Songs I downloaded from iTunes in 2013
1. I Love It by Icona Pop. Because, I don’t care, I love it!
2. Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke, T.I., and Pharrell Williams. This song had some highs and lows this year, and a little extra scandalous media attention. It doesn’t matter though, because it’s still a great song.
3. Dance With Me Tonight by Olly Murs. Such a fun retro sound. I think I listened to it about 7,439 times this year.
4. Do What You Want by Lady Gaga, feat. R. Kelly. I could listen to this song on repeat for an entire 10 mile run in 25 degree weather and I’m pretty sure I would be happy as a clam with crazy fast splits. Sometimes Lady Gaga has been a little too abstract for me in the past year, but not on this one.
5. I Would by One Direction. I limited myself to one 1D song for this list, and this has to be it. It is, hands down, the cutest.
Bonus Track: I just downloaded Replay by Zendaya. Coincidentally, I’ve been replaying it quite a bit in the last week. And since Zendaya is really from Shake It Up on the Disney Channel, the video is a straight up, old school, dance video. No weird narrative, just dancing in various sets with different outfits. AKA: awesome.
Here’s to more great music in 2014!